BS in Psychology with an Emphasis in Community Counseling
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in Community Counseling is a 120 credit-hour undergraduate degree program that can be completed in 8 terms. The program provides a curriculum to prepare undergraduate students for a workforce role as a mental health or substance abuse counselor.
The program provides students the option of completing a field placement in a substance abuse agency and combined with the coursework the student would be eligible to apply for California Credentialing as a Substance Abuse Counselor through California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals.
国产偷拍视频The program emphasis is on mental and behavioral health of diverse populations and underserved communities. The program also prepares students for graduate education in psychology, public health, social work and can meet the prerequisite for Entry Level Masters programs in nursing utilizing elective credits.
Major Substantive Areas:
- Counseling Psychology
- Addiction Studies
- Community Mental Health Disparities
Daytime in person courses. Some courses in Psychology or General Studies may be offered online or hybrid. However, the ratio will not exceed 50% online.
Upon degree completion, students will be eligible for workforce, specialized credential and graduate education:
- Graduates of the program will be prepared for counseling jobs at the BS degree level in community agencies.
- Graduates of the program will be prepared to pass the credentialing exam to become a Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor through California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals if they complete the supervised field training (255 hours plus 3 unit course that can be used as an unrestricted elective).
CDU Master’s Program Transfer:
- Eligible for MPH
- Eligible for Nursing ELM (if take an additional 8 units- 6 of which can be part of the unrestricted elective requirement) Add Microbiology (4) and upper division Anatomy & Physiology (4)
- Eligible for Psychology, MFT, & Social Work Masters Programs and PhD Programs
Pending WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) Approval
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science is approved by California Consortium of Addictions Programs and Professionals (CCAPP).